baseball

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Have you had that baby yet?

People say some of the craziest things to you when you are pregnant. Like this conversation I had with someone at work today:

Girl: WOW. Peanut is REALLY SHOWING.
Me: Well, I only have 3.5 weeks to go...
Girl: Oh, is that all? In that case, you look GOOD.

My favorite comment/piece of advice(?) was from Rebecca. It wasn't one of the crazy things people say--I think it's probably better classified as words to live by. She said someone told her that there will come a point where you think you can't last one more day...and the baby comes two weeks after that. I hope this isn't the case for me, but I think that's pretty funny. And I think my "can't last one more day" feeling is settling in.

There are also people like my mom, who direct their energy toward taking stealth mode photos. The kind that say, nonverbally, "You are pretty huge, and I enjoy capturing this memory."

Had to cram Nug into my Cards hoodie for the playoffs. You can't tell, but I am watching the game on my phone while they ring me up at Buy Buy Baby.
This is pretty lovely all around. We had been at Buy Buy Baby for more than two hours and had lapped the store three times, buying everything left on our registry, and I was about done. This was my, "It's past my 9 p.m. bedtime" face.
I had such a great weekend with my mom in town, even if she was the pregnancy paparazzi. If this baby is a girl, I really hope she can keep up with us when it comes to shopping, because we are hardcore.


And until Nugget gets here, here's a convenient way for you to monitor my progress: Have you had that baby yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment