baseball

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Work Besties Shower

I am really lucky to have some great friends at work, who wanted to throw us a shower and were patient enough to wait until Oct. 5 when my mom would be here. 

Mallory, Jennifer and Supriya--my work besties

They know my love of matching! Absolutely everything, right down to the yellow punch, coordinated with the colors of Nugget's room--gray and yellow. The cake was from a new bakery we discovered at Josh's birthday, and it is probably the most delicious cake I've ever had. The chalkboard is a cute idea for tracking Nugget's growth in monthly pictures. 
We played fun games. First, we had napkins where people had to finish sentences in the way they thought I would finish them. Josh and our intern, Cristina, tied. Then we played a game about old wives' tales and predicting gender, based on how my pregnancy has gone. What's funny is it came down to a split. Might be a girl, might be a boy!
Josh was being funny. He especially enjoyed the nipple cream and gel packs for nursing.
Reagan got a kick out of it, too.  
Lots of laughter. 
And the hilarity continued. 

It was a great turnout, with lots of my favorite people.

Connie Wright made this beautiful afghan that matches the nursery! And Corrina Unal knitted a super cute hat I can't wait to put on Nugget and take newborn pictures with! Lots of talented crafty-types in Marketing.
The pretty gift table, before we tore into it.  
This baby is so loved already!
I looked forward to this shower for months, and enjoyed every minute of it. Mallory, Supriya and Jennifer put so much work into making it the perfect shower, and it totally was. From the decorations to the food to the games, it was all so thoughtfully "me." The only down side? I looked forward to this for so long, and now all I have to look forward to is Nugget's arrival. Hurry up, Nugget!



No comments:

Post a Comment